Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Academic Plan

My plans for my time at Butler are to get my prerequisites out of the way. For my first semester I am taking Psychology, Art Appreciation, Comp. 1, Student Connect, and Calculus. I am not sure all of the classes that I plan for my second semester but I know that I will be taking Comp 2 and a basic science class like chemistry or biology. I also want to take a French class because I have already taken four years of it in high school and I really would like to continue taking it throughout college and maybe minoring it French. I regret not taking it this semester because if you don't use it the language then you start to forget some of the things you already know about it.
Right now I am currently undecided about my major. I was originally planning on majoring in elementary education, but now I am unsure if that is what i want to do. It is still an option for me but I am also exploring some other options. Some other majors I am interested in are graphic design, marketing and advertising, or sports management. These are all very different majors and they are all things that I am interested in. I feel that because deciding on my major is such an important task, I shouldn't rush myself into picking something if I am not 100 % sure it is something i want to commit my self to. I want to figure out my major before next semester, but if that doesn't happen I will try not to stress out about it.
I am planning on only attending Butler for 3 semesters. Because volleyball is one of the main reasons that I am here at Butler I plan on going on and playing at a higher division school. I don't plan on graduating from Butler, instead I am going to transfer on after my fall semester of next year to a four year school and get my bachelors degree there.

No comments: