Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Coping With Change

Change is something that everyone goes through in there lives. Depending on the type of person you are and the attitude have towards change will effect your reaction to it. Some people are reluctant to change. they are stubborn, stuck in theirs ways and won't do it no matter what. Then there is the kind of people that are sad to see things change. Instead of embrassing the new, they get stuck reminiscing on what "used to be." I am the type of person that takes it as it comes. I know that it is necessary as time goes on for the people around you and yourself to change in order for you to grow and mature as a person. Change is necessary because it is the time where you get to mature and grow as a person.
My biggest changes in my life have all been crammed into these last 4 months. I graduated high school and have now moved to the next level. I had to watch as each of my close friends all went their separate ways to begin a new chapter in their lives. It makes me sad that I cannot be their with them to experience everything, but i know that this break from them can only make our friendship closer. I am now at college in a totally new environment and I am loving it. I enjoy being able to be on my own and make decisions for myself. It is here, where I have every opportunity to change into the person who i want to be. It is almost a reality check to be here. Yes, you are suppose to have fun but there's also this little voice in the back of my head telling me that I am not a little kid anymore. It is time to sit down and self evaluate and ultimately decide what i want to do with the rest of my life. There are signs all around me that I am growing up. My friend is talking about getting married soon, I am here at school so I can get a job, and that how I do here can effect the rest of my life. All these things seems surreal. I am a little apprehensive but excited about everything that is going on in my life and I am ready to embrace all the changes that are sure to come.

No comments: