Monday, September 3, 2007

Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Alex Szalawiga. I was born in Dallas, Texas but I moved to Kansas when I was 2. I currently and have been for the past 16 years been living in Olathe. For all of you who don't know where that is, it is a suburb of Kansas City. I love it there because it has everything you could need right there. You have some country area near by but you are close enough to Kansas City. It is kind of the best of both worlds. I decided to come to butler ultimately because of volleyball. I am here on a volleyball scholarship and getting all my basic classes out of the way. I am currently undecided on what major will be and hopefully I can figure that out sometime soon.
I have 4 siblings. My sister Jessica is a Sophomore at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and I have a little brother, Luke, who just started kindergarten this year. I also have two step siblings, Amber and Lance, who live with their mom in Illinois.
The most frequent question I get is about my last name so I will give you a little rundown on it. The orgin is Ukrainian. My grandpa was from there and came over to America when he was in his twenties. Now don't get intimidated by the spelling because it is not pronounced anywhere close to how it is spelled. Just think of it like this:
Szalawiga=shelaviga, "z" becomes an "h", the first "a" an "e", and the "w" a "v". Look at it like this and you will never have a problem with it.

No comments: